- Regardless of some rumors to the contrary, I am still writing and still working on projects. The other day, I spun out 2500 words on Princess of the North in just a few hours, and really without much trouble. That just makes me want to work on it a little more. I also wrote a 1400 words story on a mother waiting for some terrible news about her child and her mind goes into really dark places. This has been a theme the last few years with me: writing some really dark stuff involving parents and their children. Guess it's just a phase.
- I still have Pilgrimage out with agents for query. I have not given up - not even close - but so far, I have still have gotten nothing back but form rejections and non-responses. I am going to give it a bit longer.
- This has been an up and down year for short story rejections. On the one hand, with the major life events (house fire, leaving the military, etc.) I have still gotten 16 submissions out, with the first one not going out until 31 May. So far, I haven't sold one. This is a little disconcerting; since I started submitting my work way back in 2007, I was able to sell at least one piece a year, even if just for a pittance. I might be breaking that trend this year. Ouch.
- It is sometimes amazing just how much time one can spend in front of a computer. I recently took a hiatus from a message board (unrelated to writing) that I frequented. I suddenly have a lot more time on my hands, to do other things. As I said, amazing.
- Have you been watching this season of The Walking Dead? Just when I thought that show could not get any more grim, they found a way ....
Not a terrible much of an update. I'll find something interesting to say next time.